Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- food processor
- 14 large white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil +1 tbsp for brushing
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 7 slices bacon
- 3 shallots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
For the parsley-lemon dressing
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 zest of half a lemon
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 fl. oz. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, set aside.
- Separate the mushroom cups from the stems and set the stems aside. Brush the mushroom caps on both sides with olive oil, sprinkle the insides with a little salt and pepper, and place them bottom up in a baking dish. Wipe the mushroom stems to remove any dirt and dice them finely.
- Place a tbsp of olive oil into a medium-sized pot over medium heat, add the bacon and saute for 3-4 minutes. Then add the shallots and continue to saute until fragrant. Now add the sliced garlic and mushroom stems, and saute until browned. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the bacon stuffing mixture and place into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the mushrooms have browned.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle the dressing over each mushroom and serve.
Calories 91 Fats 8 Carbs 2 Protein 3 Fiber 1