Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs fat trimmed & cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 oz unsalted roasted cashews
- 14 oz. cooked white rice could also use cauliflower rice
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 1 red chili, sliced (optional)
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- Place the sauce ingredients into a jar or bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the chicken into a large bowl, season with 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce and the white pepper. Mix to combine, cover the bowl and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to the remaining sauce, mix well, and set aside.
- When ready to cook, add the coconut oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes. Next add the chicken and cook for 7-8minutes. Now reduce the heat to medium, and add the remaining sauce, stir continuously to warm the sauce.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and mix through the cashews. Serve immediately with the cooked rice, garnished with green onions and the optional red chili.
Cal 515 Fat 15 Carbs 53 Protein 42 Fiber 3