Mediterranean Salmon with Greek Salad & Couscous
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5.3 oz (150g) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 10 fl oz water
- 6 oz. couscous
- 4 6oz salmon filets
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Place the sliced cucumbers into a medium-sized bowl, sprinkle with salt and mix to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes, then drain off the excess liquid. Add the cherry tomatoes, red onion, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, Greek yogurt and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- To make the couscous, pour the water into a small pot, bring to the boil and add the couscous. Stir the couscous then cover the pot with a lid, remove it from heat and set aside for at least 5 minutes to allow the couscous to fully absorb the liquid. Then fluff the couscous with a fork and set aside.
- Set the broiler (grill) to high. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the salmon filets onto the baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, then place a lemon slice on top of each filet. Place the sheet under the broiler and cook for 8-14 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and flakey.
- To serve, divide the couscous and salad equally between 4 plates. Place a salmon filet on top of the couscous, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Nutritional Information 410 calories 9 grams fat 33 grams carbs 45 grams protein 3 grams fiber